Konnichiwa everybody! Before I share some photos from the fun “Oshaberi Salon” I attended..
I just wanna announce that the kawaii Cardcaptor Sakura postcards you see above will be mailed to 5 LUCKY random readers who will answer the blog survey I’m currently conducting. So if you haven’t answered it yet, please do so! ^^
Click, click, click!
Thank you to the first 100 readers for answering! Your feedback means a lot! 😀
Making An Extra Effort
As part of my 2015 goals, I really want to focus on taking my Japanese conversational skills to another level. The feeling sucks when you have something nice to share, yet you are unable to voice it out completely.. in the tone you also want it to be delivered.
One day, I decided to drop a visit at our main community center here in Saitama. I was so delighted to find out that they give FREE Japanese lessons to foreigners + they also have fun Japanese culture-themed activities!
And it’s super convenient because the gym that I go to is located at the same mall. Every Fridays, I will be studying Japanese here and from time to time, I can attend the “oshaberi salons”. Oshaberi Salon is like a small gathering of people who want to converse with the Japanese locals + make Japanese friends and also learn fun community activities.
I only had to pay 100 yen for the whole kimono + tea ceremony + interaction in Nihongo experience!
I was able to go out from my comfort zone (where I usually get frustrations ;_;) and introduce myself to the kawaii grandmas and grandpas of Saitama. Who would have thought that I’d make Japanese friends from the older population? <3
It was so much fun! Tanaka-san helped me dress up in a pretty pink kimono and the grandmas gave me a free tea ceremony tutorial huhuhuhu.
I can’t remember what week was this (lol grandma vibes) but here’s what happened last Design Festa with Anggy and friends!
Showed off the Kawaii Empowerment photo project we had back in the Philippines!
Mixed Kawaii Philippine Style x Magical Girl Outfit! <3
I love Miss Kika’s Moonlight Legend Shirt!!!!
Super proud of the whole team who worked on bringing Kawaii PH STORE to Design Festa.
How I wish that someday, I will not just represent my team but they will be here with me as well. 😀
Kawaii International will premiere this NOVEMBER 16 on IBC13!
For more info, please check www.kawaii.ph/tv <3
One of Kawaii Philippines’ Most Exciting Tie-ups: Bazaar For All Season 8 this November 21-23! <3
Kawaii PH Store will be selling special-priced items + there will be a kawaii workshop and other activities in our booth.
Won’t be there physically but I will be supporting from Japan <3
Please do follow Rainbowholic Shop on instagram <3 Will be selling premium kawaii toys as well! <3
10 Recent Happenings
- I got sick when I arrived here. HUHU
- Even with sickness, I had to finish all the deadlines with our partners… #responsibilities
- I have 20,000+ photos and iPhone and I am OVERWHELMED. I keep on taking pictures but I tend to just store those. Waah, I wanna blog with more photospams soon!
- Something to be thankful about: sweetest clients who are so patient and understanding <3 I will work harder / smarter so Rainbowholic Shop will become successful!
- DESIGN FESTA event participation was a HUGE SUCCESS! OMG, all the people we met huhuhu
- Anggy-chan and I got interviewed by a Japanese writer about implementing Japanese-themed accents in our creations (ENJI / Kawaii PH Store).
- Had a reunion with Leen and Anggy <3
- WENT TO NAKANO FOR SOME TOY SHOPPING <3 OMG HEAVEN AND HOME
- Cannot believe that 2014 is about to end!! Time flies so fast!
- Things aren’t perfect but I’m just so grateful and happy about everything. 🙂
Thank you all for still reading my blog even if I’ve been a very inconsistent blogger, haha!
A few weeks ago, Anne and I got invited by the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Philippines to their planner / Giving Journal 2015 launch. <3
Of course, we were both excited to go because not only we both love Coffee Bean but….
… we actually had our first “official meeting” for Kawaii Philippines / www.kawaii.ph relaunch at a CBTL branch (Greenbelt) as well, last year! :yehey:
And I spent most of my brainstorming sessions (alone or with the team / Anne) at Coffee Bean too! So tripleeee yay! 😀
They had a fun craft activity and we were all tasked to make our own bookmark using this wire.
We had to come up with our “goal” / “dream” / “focus” for the next year (2015).
Some people chose “invest”, “save”, “happiness” and the like.. and I chose kawaii, hahaha. Of course, that was really unexpected of me! :))