If you’re a fan of cute typos on tumblr, you’ve probably seen one of her works on your dash before. I’m a proud reblogger of her works (you know me, when I see something cute.. the general rule is: reblog.). Her works are just so cute, animated (literally), and witty!
And then one random day, I was bored and I landed on her page again. Saw that she was open for commissions, I immediately emailed her! ANDDDDD the rest is…. history. These were the doodles she made for me (and Carlo). OMONA :3
I suck at intros (bet you didn’t realize that the paragraph up there was an intro…/fail).. so let’s start with the real feature, shall we?
Chichi, Tumblr’s Little Miss Paintbrush
(for a 22 year old, she looks so young~! and that’s a compliment 8D)
10 interesting and random facts about Little Miss Paintbrush
- My real name is gercy (cy-cy = chichi) (interesting name huh? :p)
- I lived in an island (Boracay) for two whole years. With myself. o-o But i’m home now. 😀
- I draw on a computer with only a mouse. I don’t have a tablet. Donations are open though lmao xD
- Chocolate makes me sneeze.
- I’m a registered nurse who is not practicing my profession for over 3 years now, asides from getting my dad’s blood pressure. LOL
- I’m a GM (game-master) in one private server of Ran Online. 😀
- I’m half blood. Don’t ask haha it’s a secret. 😀
- For a whole year, i thought my cat pusheen was female. when my mom saw pusheen, turns out he was a male. :))
- I’ve done cosplays twice now. 😀 Will probably cosplay more in the future. 🙂 It’s SO FUN!!! 😀
- I’m deathly afraid of wearing contact lenses. -_-
When did you start illustrating? When did tumblr come into picture?
I started getting involved with art when i was really little. 😀 I was told that i was obsessed with drawing on any flat surface i could find (including walls and tabletops lul).
Tumblr sent me an owl with a letter. LOL no jk. xD A friend kinda recruited me. 🙂 And I will be eternally grateful to that friend. 😀
Please share one of your earlier works. ^^
(yes that’s a potato -.-)
Eep~ I just browsed on my old tumblr folder and realized how unattractive my old tumblr doodles were. xD I used photoshop back then and I was completely clueless about brushes and resolutions and stuff. But I’m very proud of my old works, because I learned so much from them. They’re proof that people do get better with practice. 😀
Where did you get your inspiration? How do you stay inspired?
I get inspiration from random things, random people. It’s easy to be inspired when you love what you do. Even when other people try to bring me down, I carry on. =P I stay inspired because art is my passion. :DD
Besides illustrating or making digital artworks, what are your other hobbies?
Uhm well.. My main hobby is eating. :)) But I like to play online games too. And I also like to sew, by hand, but I’m very lazy to make clean stitches. :DD I also love books.
If there’s one country you’d like to visit and travel, what would be it? And why so?
I would like to travel the whole world. 😀 I can’t pick which would be the first country though~ ;n;
Any creative websites or tumblr accounts to recommend?
- Everydaycute – the new site of my one true cute-doodle idol, claire (deviantart’s queenofdorks) i even named my cat after her cat, pusheen :3
- etc etc etc
ohhh I want to list them all but it will take forever ;n;
During a lazy day, what do you usually do? (RANDOM QUESTION IS RANDOM DO NOT JUDGE) =)))
I usually scroll scroll scroll down my tumblr dashboard all day, eat, sleep, doodle a little, play with my cat. (like almost everyday of my life)
Some of her amazing works /hands down
I’m featuring her because I believe this kind of talent must be shared to other people. Her art is just so cute and refreshing. Everything on her tumblr makes me smile~! I wish I could draw like her. /frustrated illustrator
If you have a tumblr account, follow her here: littlemisspaintbrush.tumblr.com ^^
I’m so glad to have discovered her and has become her friend. : )