After months of hard work, I am just so proud to present & share our FIRST episode for the “Our Kawaii Tokyo” video series!
If we’re talking about “kawaii”, it is just appropriate to start with HARAJUKU (a.k.a. world’s cutest place)… right? 🙂
Here’s a photo diary version of the video itself. Enjoy the spam! : )
Shot last April 2016.
My co-producer & co-director in this video project: Yumi-san!
Summary of Things To Do in Harajuku
- Take a photo of the iconic Harajuku Station (Omotesando Exit) before it gets redesigned.
- Never leave Harajuku (especially if it’s your first time) without having a photo of the famous Takeshita Dori Banner!
- Go to “Harajuku Tourist Information Center” to get maps / discount coupons / information
- They have ATM, souvenirs, discount coupons for the special cafes, and so much more. As far as I could remember, they can also look for your luggage for 500 JPY. For me, that is more affordable than the other coin lockers being offered in the area (along Takeshita Dori).
- Go back to Takeshita Dori and take a purikura (neoprint) photo at EGGNAM Purikura. I recommend GYZA purikura.
- Shop for some cheap + kawaii souvenir items from DAISO 100 yen store.
- Try the pastel & sweet cotton candy from TOTTI CANDY FACTORY (and don’t forget a selfie, haha)!
- If you want to take some rest from shopping, I highly recommend JOL Station along Takeshita Street. It’s a “kawaii” foodcourt and the interiors are really blog / instagram-worthy, haha. I love the Kebab rice + milk tea combination!
- Harajuku Crepes. ’nuff said. You’ll see many stores in Harajuku selling crepes! 🙂
- If you are a sticker lover like me or you’re looking for little things to give away for your friends, B-SIDE LABEL would be great.
- Get crazy at Kiddyland Harajuku. If you’ve been looking for Studio Ghibli / Sailormoon / Rilakkuma / Gudetama merch, this place is your heaven.
- And to end the day (or if you just want to take a break), do try Urth Caffe in Omotesando (yummy matcha bubble tea & pancakes btw!)
And there you go~! Here’s our mini list of things to do in Harajuku for a day. We actually have MORE recommendations and you can check out Our Kawaii Tokyo blog for more info about those.
We’d like to thank Chichi Romero (Little Miss Paintbrush) for creating the official OKT mascots / characters. Thank you to Ryo for helping us with the opening theme music.
If you have comments, suggestions, reactions and whatnots, please do let us know in the comments section below! If you also have name suggestions for our 2 characters (temporarily named as Tourist-chan & Luggage-chan), please feel free to share your ideas with us! Thank you so much for the love and support!
Kaila & OKT Team