こんばんは！Konbanwa from Japan!
This post is already overdue about how I spent my 25th birthday last January 3 but I’m sharing it anyway! Better late than never, hehe! : )
Started the day with a selfie! I’m going to compile all my shameless selfie birthday photos until the day I turn into a kawaii grandma, haha.
Rode the subway to Roppongi. Had mass and went to Takashi Murakami’s Flower Cafe for a late lunch!
More photos here!
This view would always remind me of my Roppongi date with Ashley last 2014!
I went to Ueno after my Roppongi afternoon.
Thank you so much for all the birthday greetings! Even for just a day, I felt extra special to the point that I really tried my best to not tear up so much inside the train while going home.
To my 24 yr. old self, let me hug you tight! ;_; I think that you did a pretty good job. It was sure one hell of a year of ups and downs, but you came out so much stronger! I’m proud of you, Kaila!
I woke up and saw this super adorable gift art by one of my dearest friends, ChiChi / Little Miss Paintbrush posted on Japan Lover Me!
The day started quite simple and ended so unexpectedly!
At first, I just wanted to attend the mass (like how my Mom and I would do, whenever I’m home for my birthday) + visit Takashi Murakami’s super colorful “Flower Cafe” in Roppongi Hills. To start the year right too, I visited a shrine and rang the bell just like most Japanese would do. I didn’t expect that I would end up in Ueno, but I’m glad I did~!
Ohayou from Japan!
For today, I’d like to share some pages from my “reading journal” when I was 11. Actually, this was a requirement in our Reading subject in class when I was in elementary, haha. I really enjoyed “manually blogging” that time! And omg, my grammar = superb! :))
80% of boys who think they’re cute really are…. not!
“I’m the kind of person who is humble to others” (how ironic hahahaha)
“I was cute as you see it.” :))) #HowToBeHumble
Just want to share some tips / life hacks on how to feel confident about yourself by acknowledging your weaknesses & emphasizing more on your strengths.
Trust me, I used to be that girl who had major / minor insecurity issues & I also compared myself a lot with others (hence, “not feeling enough”)…. until I woke up one day and started to love myself more (cause I deserve it!) by treating le self better. <3
- Confidence starts with a smile. There are simply days when I just feel like crap and “smiling with teeth” (even if it feels forced) would always improve my mood. 😀
- Posture makes a HUGE difference. If you are about to deliver a talk / presentation / meet someone (and you’re not feeling confident).. chin up, smile and straighten your posture. When I started to become more mindful about my posture, I began to feel like “I can conquer this situation“.. and I would always do. : )
- Dress your best. If wearing that blazer or yellow shoes can elevate your mood & boost your self-esteem, go ahead! : )
- Don’t mind what others tell about you when you know you are not hurting anyone. I’ve been told “childish” many times because I sport kawaii fashion in my lifestyle… I just shrug off those nonsense comments because I believe what I’m doing is meaningful. And there’s nothing wrong to be kawaii & an achiever of life at the same time hihi ^^
- It’s tempting to compare your whole life/ failures + achievements and the like with others but resist it. Comparison is the thief of joy and when you’re unhappy, you’d feel less confident about yourself. So… don’t compare your amazing self with other amazing people. <3
- Reduce complaints / whining and focus more on how you can better a situation. Complaining how you can’t lose the extra fats will not make those extra fats disappear. Commitment to exercising does. People who’d always complain about their life situation are usually the ones who don’t feel too good about themselves (and some are unaware ;_;). Avoid to become one of those.. and if you feel that you are guilty of this, try with your best effort to cease the unnecessary complaints. Life will be so much better & positivity will start to flow in your life. You just have to allow yourself to become more open-minded + “solution driven” rather than stay as “problem driven”.